- Popular Searches
The origins of Armand-Calliat et Fils lie with the respected silversmith François Calliat. The house of François Calliat, which became active in 1820, was taken over in 1854 by Jeanne Calliat (the daughter of François) together with her husband Thomas-Joseph Armand. In the last quarter of the 19th Century, Jean and Thomas-Joseph’s son joined the business and it became known as Armand-Calliat et Fils.
During the second half of the 19th Century, the firm participated in several exhibitions, including Paris in 1867 and Lyon in 1894. At these, Armand-Calliat et Fils gained international recognition for their very high quality silverworks.